Who Can Contribute?
The Royal Australian Engineers Foundation welcomes individual and corporate contributions. Your donations will help the Foundation to continue current programs and develop future programs as the need arises.
Military Engineering touches many aspects of Australian life and industry. In times of natural disaster, Sappers are often at the forefront of disaster relief efforts for the community. Given the nature of the Sapper’s tasks, the Corps’ links with industry run deep with many Sappers continuing their engineer-related work in the private sector after their military service.
The RAE Foundation encourages the involvement of Australian industry and the wider community to support and give back to those in the Sapper family who need help beyond the ability of various government and community organisations.
There are a wide range of ways to support the RAE Foundation’s work financially, including:
- Make a Donation – Make a one time tax deductible donation under $500.
- Sponsorships – Make a one time tax deductible donation as a sponsorship of a member’s fund raising activity for the Foundation. If you would like to promote a sponsorship event you are involved in and intending to contribute the funds raised to the RAE Foundation, please contact us.
- Events – Attend a Foundation event knowing that proceeds support the Foundation’s activities.
- Purchase Memorabilia – Buy commemorative items with the proceeds going to the Foundation’s work.
- Become a Member – Member’s monthly or annual subscription fees provide recurring donations. Members gain access to a private discussion forum and contact directory and are kept updated on Foundation news and events.
- Become a Partner – Partners make large one time or recurring tax deductible donations in excess of $500.
- Make an Estate Bequest – Establish an Estate Bequest, a donation set aside in your personal will.
The Foundation’s Partner program offers organisations and individuals an opportunity to provide valuable support through annual or one-off, tax-deductible donations to support soldiers and families of the RAE via a range of programs.
There are a range of partnership levels to suit your wishes, however all Partners will be recognised here on Foundation website and in a range of publications. Your affiliation with the Foundation will also be acknowledged at significant Foundation events and activities to which you will be invited.
The Foundation welcomes donations and ongoing support in the following categories:
- Platinum Partners – Platinum partnership status acknowledges contributions by individuals or organisations of AUD $10,000 per annum or a one off donation of at least AUD $200 000. Platinum partners will receive guaranteed widespread acknowledgement to promote their affiliation with the Foundation.
- Gold Partners – Gold partnership status acknowledges contributions by individuals or organisations of AUD $5,000 to $10,000 per annum or a one off donation of up to AUD $200 000. Gold partners will receive preferential broad acknowledgement to promote their affiliation with the Foundation.
- Steele Partners – ‘Steele’ partnership status acknowledges all other financial contributions to the Foundation. This partnership category is named in honour of Major-General Sir Clive Steele KBE, DSO, MC who served in the RAE in both World Wars, as well as becoming a prominent civil engineer. Sir Clive was an instrumental figure in the RAE’s development and Steele Barracks, the current home of the School of Military Engineering is also named in his honour. Steele partners form a valued community of individuals or organisations who make regular donations to the Foundation. Steele partners are offered access to activities and promotional opportunities to recognise their valuable and dedicated contributions.
If you would like to support the RAE Foundation by becoming a Foundation Partner, please contact us directly.
Estate Bequests – Your Legacy For Their Future
You can also support the Foundation by making a bequest. Three ways to do this are:
- Nominate a percentage of your estate.
- Nominate a fixed amount of your estate.
- Decide to give the residue of your estate after fulfilment of other bequests.
If you would like to discuss this contribution option, please contact the RAE Foundation.